In case you’re in need of some extra gift ideas for the little ones in your life, I’ve put together a few of my favorite finds this holiday season.
FOR THE LITTLEST:
1. Decorative Animal Head These “stuffed” animal heads are all over Pinterest, and rightfully so. Would definitely be a great accent in any nursery or kid’s room.
2. Wheely Bug This is a must-have in every household with kids. We love the four-wheel design and the fact that it looks nice (rather than ultra colorful plastic cars, which we have as well…humph). I love all the different animal options.
4. Wolfum Bookends I came across this brand in a boutique in Louisville, KY. Their products are well-designed–I’d be happy to have them in the nursery or the living room.
5. Bouncy Cow We don’t have one of these in our house, but they look like loads of fun.
6. Squigz Designated “Toy of the Year” by ASTRA (American Specialty Toy Retailing Association), Squigz are the “it” toy, great for any age really (the smallest Squig should be removed as a choking hazard for kids under 3). Grab a few starter sets for all the kids in your life.
FOR YOUR TODDLER:
1. Felt Crown A close friend gave Adelaide one of these, and I swear she hasn’t stopped wearing it since. She loves switching out the front icon and that she can adjust it “by my own.”
2. Lincoln Logs I caught site of these at Target the other day. Nostalgic! There are even sets catered to girls to help them get excited about building.
3. Flashlight My niece introduced us to this flashlight, and when some close friends gave one to Adelaide, we were hooked. She enjoys that she can turn it on and off (again) “all by my own.”
4. Anamalz Just good-looking. And lots of poseable fun!
5. Snow Shovel This one’s a necessity up North. Helps make the shoveling more entertaining for us adults.
1. Magnetic Sets Mudpuppy calls these sets “Build Its,” and I can see Adelaide growing into this one nicely. There are so many different magnetic pieces to design and re-design. Also great for in the car.
2. SET Card Game Challenging even for adults! Love this game.
3. Spirograph Design Set A classic.
4. Build It Yourself Woodworking Kit I feel like I could spend some time with this one. I love that it includes everything needed.
5. Lettering Book I remember Klutz press books as a kid. All the different kits for creating – friendship bracelets, face painting…..this one’s for learning how to make fancy lettering. Great for the aspiring designer in the family.
Best of luck with your holiday shopping.