We’ve been trying to eat less carbs at night around here. Yeah, you can imagine how well that’s going…..but here’s a dinner we had the other night that makes it so maybe you don’t need so many carbs. But really, serve this up with some crusty bread, or some buttery mashed potatoes, or both, and this would be a rock-star dinner.
Recipe originally from Real Simple. http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/popular-ingredients/chicken-recipes/chicken-legs-olives-tomatoes
- 1 pound plum or small tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 8 cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken legs (we used 6 chicken thighs instead)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F with a rack in the highest position. Toss the tomatoes, olives, garlic, oil and thyme in a 3-quart baking dish. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Nestle the chicken, skin-side up, in the vegetables.
- Bake until the chicken is browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest leg (avoiding the bone) registers 165 degrees F, about 40-45 minutes (around 30 minutes if you use small chicken thighs).