I took home some extra pork and shrimp filling from class last week. I happened to have some won ton wrappers in the fridge, so we made some steamed dumplings and stuffed bell peppers. Michael concocted some sort of an Asian sauce, and dinner was born! See the recipe for the filling after the jump.
Shrimp and Pork filling:
- 1/4 lb (225g) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb (225g) ground pork, or pork shoulder, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz black mushrooms (shitakes would work too)
- 1.5 stalks green onions, minced
- 1/8 cup (55g) ginger root, minced
- 1/2 cup (142g) water chestnuts, minced
- 1/2 tsp (5g) salt
- 1.5 tbsp (40g) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (16g) corn starch
Combine all filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.